Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
The prevention of death, injury and ill-health to those who work at Trecarn Engineering Ltd. To create a safe-working environment for employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public
1. Trecarn as an employer is committed to providing and maintaining a healthy and safe working environment that promotes wellbeing for all its employees and any other people who may be affected by its activities. The ultimate responsibility for ensuring implementation of this policy lies with the Managing Director.
The Directors and Quality Department are responsible for ensuring compliance with Trecarn Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and have a key role in encouraging a positive attitude to health, safety and environment through appropriate management arrangements. Those with supervisory or managerial responsibilities are accountable for managing risks to health, safety and environment under their control and support will be provided by the Quality Department.
All staff have a responsibility to promote a healthy and safe working environment to safeguard their own health and safety and that of their colleagues.
2. This Policy has the following objectives:
- to comply with requirements of relevant legislation and current good practice
- to identify significant hazards (the potential for harm), assess risks (the likelihood of that harm being realised) from activities involving those hazards and manage those risks
- to promote a positive attitude to health, safety and the protection of the environment
- to ensure that employees and others are adequately informed of the relevant identified risks
- to ensure that employees and others receive appropriate instruction, training and supervision
- to ensure that employees are competent to deal with risks they encounter
- to ensure that the demands of activities do not exceed the capabilities of employees to carry out the work safely
- to consult with employees on health and safety matters
- to ensure that documentation and supporting information is made accessible, and induction for employees
- to make arrangements for co-ordination and co-operation with other employees where:
a) Persons from other organisations, including contractors, are working on Trecarn premises
- to monitor actively the management of risks to health, safety and the environment
- to review the effectiveness of health, safety and environment risk management and where appropriate to implement improvements